Friday 31 October 2014

You had me at hello.

The Greeting - To whom it may concern

The words 'grace and peace' in Ephesians 1:2 might feel like the equivalent to today's ‘Dear . . . .’, but with Paul's words here Spirit inspired, and very quickly bring us to the heart of this letter.

Grace is God's free saving initiative. Peace is what God has taken the initiative to do.

God in grace takes the initiative to build his new community, by bringing to himself those who are
totally incompatible with him. Have you experienced God’s grace?

The peace of God is knowing we are now compatible with God. A peace from the guilt of sin, a peace from the anxiety of the future, and a peace from the righteous wrath of God, a peace from everlasting separation from the love and favour of God. Do you know peace with God?

If not hear these words of Jesus from Matthew 11:28-30:

‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon
you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.’

No comments:

Post a Comment